Thursday, April 2, 2009

Saving the Future by Saving the Past

If you happen to be reading a blog entitled "War Journos" I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you have at least a passing interest in war journalism. Call me crazy...
If, however, this is not the case and you in fact have no curiosity whatsoever about the topic, go some where else. It's a big Internet, people. May I suggest Stuff On My Cat. com It's stuff... on cats! Brilliant!
While the cat people quietly exit, those of you remaining, please take a moment to read Rory Stewart's piece in the UK Telegraph regarding his journey of starting the Turquoise Mountain Foundation . Regenerating Afghanistan This is what it takes to revitalize ONE neighborhood in Kabul- now think about the entire country. BTW, Mr. Stewart, I know you're busy and all, but if you could by any chance write a 3rd book, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

No comments: